You are obligated to surrender your child to the non custodial parent according to the visitation schedule that was ordered by the court. If you refuse to do so, you could be held in contempt of court, fined and even sentenced to jail time. Children are not allowed to “choose” which parent they visit with and when. However, if you feel that the visitation schedule isn’t appropriate, you have the right to go back to court and request that it be reviewed and possibly amended.