You first have to file a complaint, in writing, with The Child Support Division of the Texas Office of Attorney General. The state will then attempt to locate the non-custodial parent and collect the back support. Should further actions be required, the state will determine which, such as:

  • Wage garnishment
  • Loss of, and refusal to renew, driver’s license, hunting and fishing licenses, and professional licenses
  • Money deducted or withheld from any income tax refunds and other state or federally issued checks
  • Property and asset liens
  • Jail time