Get a No Nonsense® Divorce in 67 Days
Today, more than ever, couples are looking for a cost effective way to get a divorce without spending a fortune. A lot of these couples are willing and able to work through some of the details of their divorce on their own, but they’re not sure what their options are.
You may not realize it, but some of the options out there can be risky. Internet divorce forms and paralegal services might not provide everything that you need to complete your divorce the right way. We have people come to see us every day that tried to “do it themselves” without help.
Divorce can be complicated. Downloading a form from the Internet may not be good enough. You need more than a form. You and your spouse will have to make big decisions about your children, your property, spousal maintenance (Also called alimony or spousal support). Not only will you need to know what decisions you have to make, but you’ll need to know what you options are for each of these decisions.
There are 3 things that you and your spouse really need if you want to work through the these big decisions on your own:
- Tools and resources that will help you work through these big decisions on your own.
- Expert legal guidance that’s available when and if you need it.
- Competent, experienced legal specialists to draft and review your documents.
We developed the No Nonsense® Divorce Process to fill all these needs for you.
The No Nonsense® Divorce Workbook
Our one-of-a-kind No Nonsense® Divorce Workbook is the foundation of the process.
What’s so special about the workbook? It’s a a step-by-step guide that clearly explains what decisions you and your spouse will have to make and what your options are…all in easy to understand language. You both can use the workbook to make the big decisions in your divorce using simple fill-in-the-blank forms and checkboxes.
We wanted to do 2 things when we created the No Nonsense® Divorce Workbook:
- It had to be streamlined. We didn’t want to waste people’s time running them through a barrage of questions that aren’t relevant to most people.
- It had to be easy to understand. Most legal forms are ridiculously confusing. We wanted something that most people could use without having to pay an attorney to help them answer every question. We think we’ve succeeded because it’s not uncommon for our clients to complete the workbook without ever asking us a single question about it.
What is a No Nonsense® Divorce?
It’s our unique and highly efficient process for handling agreed divorces using our No Nonsense® Divorce Workbook.
You and your spouse can use the workbook to negotiate the details of your divorce on your own – without paying a lawyer every step of the way.
Once you’ve completed the No Nonsense® Divorce Workbook, you’ll send it to us and we’ll draft a complete and comprehensive Final Decree of Divorce for you using the answers and information you provided.
Our Final Decree of Divorce isn’t a simple form you can download from the Internet. It’s a customized legal document drafted by experienced family law paralegals and reviewed by Board Certified Family Law Attorneys that have been handling divorces in Texas for years.
3 Options for a No Nonsense® Divorce
When you decide to move forward with a No Nonsense® Divorce, we have 3 different plans that you can choose from. You select which option you want based on how much involvement you want from the lawyers.
You’ll be using the No Nonsense® Divorce Workbook to negotiate the details of your divorce in all 3 of the options.
Option 1 – Documents and Coaching
This is our most affordable service. We charge a fixed fee to draft your divorce documents and you file them with the court. With the Documents and Coaching package, you are representing yourself (Pro Se), but you’ll get one hour of legal advice or coaching as a part of the package.
Option 2 – Flat Fee
This is also a fixed fee service. With the Flat Fee package, we will be representing you, so we will draft your divorce documents and file them with the court. You’ll also get up to 5 hours of legal advice with the Flat Fee package.
Option 3 – Full Service
All of the work in the Full Service Package will be billed to you and paid out of a retainer. It is not a fixed fee service. We will be representing you in the Full Service Package so we will draft your divorce documents and file them with the court. You can get as much or as little lawyer involvement as you want – you only pay for what you need.
It doesn’t matter which option you choose. The expert Board Certified Divorce Attorneys in our firm oversee all the work done in our office.
The No Nonsense® Divorces have become an incredibly popular solution. They’re great because they combine affordability, detailed self-help resources and experienced, competent legal support.
Is a No Nonsense® Divorce Right for You?
We created the No Nonsense® Divorce Process to help people that wanted an agreed divorce. So what’s the first question you’ll need to ask if you’re interested in a No Nonsense® Divorce?
Is your divorce agreed?
Before you answer that, let me explain exactly what an agreed divorce is (and isn’t.) If the only thing that you and your spouse can agree on is that you both want a divorce, then you do not have an agreed divorce. An agreed divorce is one in which both spouses are willing to work together to make the big decisions in your divorce (children’s issues, property division, spousal support, etc.) Obviously, if you’re already in agreement on the big decisions…it’s an agreed divorce.
Here are 2 simple questions that you and your spouse can use to can help you decide whether or not a No Nonsense® Divorce may work for you.
- Are you and your spouse willing to work together to negotiate the details of your divorce?
- Do both of you have the information you need to make informed decisions? If not, can you get it?
If you and your spouse can honestly answer “Yes” to both of these questions, then the No Nonsense® Divorce may be a good fit.
If you think you may not be able to do a No Nonsense® Divorce/Agreed Divorce, don’t worry. We can still help you if your divorce is going to be contested. Just call us at 512-481-0330 or use our form to schedule an initial consultation.
Which No Nonsense® Divorce Option should you choose?
If you’re not sure which No Nonsense® Divorce option may be right for you… don’t worry about it right now. We’ve designed the No Nonsense® Divorce Process so that it’s easy to switch between the different options if you determine that another one may be a better fit for your situation. We can also easily move you from a No Nonsense® Divorce to a contested one if that becomes necessary.
Don’t feel like you need to choose one of the No Nonsense® Divorce options now. That’s one of the things that we can help you decide during an initial consultation.
How does it work?
When we created the No Nonsense® Divorce, we wanted to dramatically simplify a complicated and unnecessarily expensive process. The steps below show you an example of how a No Nonsense® Divorce works. The process can vary depending on which of the 3 options you choose, but the basic steps are the same.
- You or your spouse (one, but not both) hires our firm for a No Nonsense® Divorce.
- You and your spouse take a copy of the No Nonsense® Divorce Workbook and start filling it out.
- The divorce begins by filing an Original Petition for Divorce at the courthouse. This is when the 60 day waiting period starts. (In Option 1, you will file it yourself via mail or in person, in Options 2 & 3, we can do it for you.)
- We’ll prepare a Waiver of Service for the non-client spouse to sign. (This avoids the use of a process server.)
- After you and your spouse have completed all the information in the workbook, you return it to us.
- We’ll take the information that you provided in the workbook and draft a Final Decree of Divorce. We’ll send a copy of the Decree for you and your spouse to review.
- After you’ve both reviewed the Decree, you and your spouse sign the Final Decree of Divorce. (We’ll make minor changes to the Decree if necessary.)
- Wait for the 60 day waiting period to pass, and then the divorce can be finalized in a quick 20 minute prove up hearing.
How much does a No Nonsense® Divorce cost?
The fee ranges from about $800 to about $2,550 plus your court filing fees. It’s based on the actual services that you’ll need. The fee estimator below can help you get an idea of how much it might cost in your particular situation.