No, typically you cannot get a appointed attorney in a divorce case. The court will usually appoint an attorney when one party is missing or cannot be found. In this situation, the court would appoint an attorney ad litem. An attorney ad litem would represent the missing person’s interests as related to property division issues and child issues.