Yes, you can so long as you properly notice your spouse of the pending divorce action. Your spouse may be able to assert rights under the federal Solidiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act. These rights would not stop the divorce completely but would rather abate the divorce proceeding for a specific amount of time.